The most important relationship you can have is the relationship you have with yourself. Here's 17 reasons why:
1. Only if you have a strong relationship with yourself, you will turn inward and contemplate the mystery of your existence, which entails seeking answers to questions like: What is my purpose? Why am I here? What is the meaning of life? How do I live a meaningful, fulfilled life that is in sync with my highest self? This quest for knowledge, wisdom and truth of who they are and what calls out to them is the path that seekers, mystics, mavericks and legends take. And as they burn bright on their life path, they shed their light into the world and elevate at least some part of the collective consciousness. You need to figure out who you are and what your life will stand for before you set out to make an impact in the world. That is the only way to make a real impact. And that can happen only if you give yourself time, understanding and experiences that will expand your consciousness and make you stronger. The alternative is that you have a relationship with the world but not with yourself, in which case, your life becomes about whatever it is that the world demands of you and you never get to know what the possibilities for your life were.
2. It is often said that the love you have for yourself is all the love you ever need. If you can have that kind of love for yourself, it becomes much easy to love others without getting consumed and forming unhealthy relationships because you are not looking for someone else to "complete you" or to "heal you" or to make you happy. Which is the ultimate form of freedom and empowerment. And in keeping a certain space in your relationship, you will help the other person evolve and grow instead of clipping their wings.
3. If you take great care of yourself, you will take great care of those who deserve to be taken care of because habits are hard to break.
4. If you believe that everything is energy and if you work on expanding your consciousness, you will attract that which matches your level of consciousness. Which means the higher your energy of vibration, you will attract that level of high vibration energy.
5. Only you can make yourself feel a sense of wonder, a sense of beauty, a sense of adventure, a sense of mystery as you set off in the mountains or are sitting by a beach observing a sunset. If you have a strong relationship with yourself, you can feel more strongly the powerful forces of nature and feel their impact on your psyche.
6. If you have a great relationship with yourself, you will be more curious and more open to connecting with the mysteries of the universe and that will expand your consciousness.
7. You can be a mirror to the world reflecting back the great relationship you have with yourself and inspire others to follow your lead to live more fulfilling lives.
8. You will work on healing the broken parts of you. And in doing that, you will become stronger and show others how healing can be accomplished.
9. You will never give up on yourself. Patiently, in silence, all by yourself, over the years, whatever it takes, you will persevere to stay true to your quest, your adventure.
10. You can only give that which you have to others. If you don't have love for yourself, you won't have love for others. If you don't have strength for yourself, you won't have strength for someone else. If you cant trust yourself, you wont be able to trust someone else.
11. You will work on yourself every chance you get because you know that life is about evolving.
12. You will let yourself think for yourself and live for yourself.
13. You will find a way to know the truth and to bring to life that which calls out to you.
14. You will surrender to reality instead of harboring delusions or illusions.
15. You will seek and search until you know or until the end.
16. You will have the wisdom to listen to your gut and the courage to say - No - to the wrong ones and to say - Yes - to the right ones.
17. You will push yourself out of your comfort zone and sign up for challenges that add meaning to your life.