When pain makes an appearance, it brings along with it 4 things:
1. The Void (The Zombie Mode)
2. Self-Annihilation (The Vampire Mode)
3. A Healing Path (The Mystic Mode)
4. A Sense of Purpose (The Warrior Mode)
The Void makes a person feel empty, hopeless, morose & apathetic; kind of like the living dead. The Void itself is a stark kind of hunger that day by day consumes the person, depleting energy, intelligence, spirit & soul connection. The Void is so overwhelming that the person is ready to self-annihilate rather than live with that feeling of complete emptiness.
Self-Annihilation makes a person go down a path of addictions, dysfunctional relationships & abuse to deal with the Void. This is more like a desperate lunge to escape the Void. It’s part of the flight or fight response: more precisely, it’s the flight response; running away instead of facing the Void. A vampire like ferocity to consume junk food, medications, alcohol, drugs & clinging to the wrong kinds of relationships; it all becomes a temporary gateway to experience the fleeting feeling of not being stuck in the Void.
A Healing Path is something that a person surrenders to when their body, mind & spirit has crashed & can no longer put up with Self-Annihilation & the Void. A Healing path energizes the person's core, helps revive the spirit & rebuilds the connection to the Soul by bringing about a paradigm shift in the consciousness. A Healing Path can be a Spiritual path like Yoga, Reiki or Meditation or some form of art or creativity or turning to Nature or a psychiatrist or a Shaman or a quest for enlightenment or turning to God or really anything that calls out to the person.
A Sense of Purpose helps a person overcome the Void & stop Self-Annihilation. It gives the person the will to keep going & to endure the marathon like brutal effort needed to turn pain to something of value & meaning. Athletes endure pain, women endure 9 months of discomfort, mountaineers endure deadly weather & nature hazards - it all comes from a sense of strong Purpose. The body, the mind & the spirit can surpass a lot of pain when a life purpose is at stake.
Finally, here are the 6 things a person experiences when the Healing Path of Yoga, Reiki & Meditation is chosen:
1. The pain & the wound is felt in all its intensity. Old scars resurface with a vengeance but the Void & Self-Annihilation are no longer an option as the spiritual path grounds a person & centers her in the core of her being.
2. Spiritual Awakening.
3. Old thoughts, harmful patterns & toxic relationships will crumble as the person becomes more aware of the Ego & the Soul.
4. New opportunities & kindred spirits that match the person's increased frequency of vibration will make an appearance.
5. A life purpose & ways to manifest the life purpose, paradigm shifting & enlightening moments & deep truths of the saints & the cosmos will come to the person if the person is open.
6. As the connection between the person, the Soul & the Universe is strengthened, the Universe will bring about events that align the Dharma & the Karma of the person. (Dharma - life purpose, karma - actions)
The consistent practice of Yoga, Reiki & Meditation over the course of several months & years changes a person completely but one must be open & willing to receive.
"If you want to become full, let yourself be empty.
If you want to be reborn, let yourself die.
If you want to be given everything, give everything up." - Lao Tzu